Remember what a Photo Booth is? No, I’m not talking about that app on your phone. Try again. Nothing yet? Need a hint? Well, if you’re “old school”, you’ll remember a Photo Booth as a big clunky machine. There’s a handful of 80’s movies, where inevitably one pops up during some scene when the characters are at a carnival, amusement park or mall. In those days, a photo booth looked more like a golf cart had it’s wheels removed, inserted with half a curtain, and attached with a point-and-shoot camera — these were days long before camera phones....
If you’re “new school”, or have happened to attend a recent wedding, bar and bat mitzvah, Sweet 16 or corporate event in the New Jersey New York City area, you might have noticed guests lining up for a Photo Booth —- leaving you bewildered, excited (or pleasantly surprised?) that an photo booth made it’s way into the venue. “Why are they here?”, you may ask. Well, anyone that has experienced the new modern approach to photo booths usually wants one at their upcoming event and hires a reputable photo booth rental service. In actuality, most people planning a party want something their guests can interact and have fun with, as well as providing them with something tangible that they can take home (like a photo strip print); or something they can share (like digital photos on a gallery). Because where would we be in this new millennium if we didn’t share every piece of media with our friends, family and co-workers? Well, maybe not with all your co-workers. A photo booth adds commemorative value to any special occasion. Here’s the scoop…
For engaged wedding couples debating whether giving away classic party favors, as a meaningful gesture of thanks for their attendance, the Photo Booth experience has become a solution for giving their guests a memento they can take home to mark the special occasion. And modern day Photo/Video Booths make an excellent choice for any type of event for a number of reasons:
- Mobility - As seen in our blog post image, Photo Booths have become more compact and portable - so it makes it easier to transport in and out of different types of wedding and event venues.
- Backdrop - From an elegant white backdrop to sparkly ones, there’s no limit to the amount of backdrops available to add color and match an event’s theme/colors or branding.
- Photo Strips/Prints - The classic low-quality vertical 3-pose black and white photo strips are great for a throwback feel, however, the sky is the limit when it comes to photo strip customization to match an event’s theme/colors or branding. High speed dye-sublimation printers take just a matter of seconds to print out multiple copies (so everyone can get one if they wish) and can output in a variety of sizes: 2X6, 4X6, 5X7 or even 6X9!
- High Quality - Advances in high definition dSLR photographic cameras and compact flashes — integrated into the booth — results in better quality pictures visible in the hard copy and digital prints.
- Props - “Striking a pose” is so much more fun when you’re wearing a funny hat, wig or face mask. It just makes for a better experience and pictures, too, that put a smile on everyone’s face.
- Video - No doubt that video is quickly becoming the media platform most people are interacting with. Our Photo Booth happens to be a Video Booth, too, which is great for weddings where guests can leave brief 15-30 second short personalized messages (we call them “Video-grams”) expressing their sentiments about the bride and groom. Also works great at corporate events where clients can be encouraged to leave testimonials.
- Share - People love sharing pics and vids and reliving their memories. And technology allows the booth to instantly share to social media feeds, email or text at any event. Sorry 1986 One Hour Photo Kiosk, the future is here.
- Space - Classic booths could fit 2-3 people, at best, but studio style and open air booths can fit anywhere between 10-20 people — meaning you can get more people in on the fun.
- Personality - Photo booth attendants don’t just operate and set-up/take-down the portable photo booth, they encourage the fun by engaging guests to get out of their comfort zone and strike a pose for a pictures worth a thousand words.
At Jeron Music Entertainment (@jeronmusic #jeronmusic) - we offer this entire interactive fun and classy photo booth experience. Call us at 201-755-6006 or email: email@example.com to learn more!
SHARE using the Social bar to the left (desktop) or bottom (mobile) of the page;
SUBSCRIBE to our mailing list down below.
LEAVE A COMMENT if something captured your interest
LIKE or TWEET, if you like that, too.